Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I've been upgraded

I got a new computer today and no matter how much of it is transferred over it’s never the same. I have spent this morning trying to make my new computer act like my old computer, which I have succeeded in, as much as I could, but still I am forced to learn new places for things that were just fine where they were. It almost seems like technology is designed now and days to keep the general public occupied relearning MS word and excel every couple of years when they are forced to “upgrade”.

Like facebook, I don’t like the new version. What’s the point? It looks mostly the same, but things are in all differently places and other things are randomly huge. Oh well I guess it keeps you sharp. At least that is what they say. They say doing crossword puzzles, reading, learning something new, and /or thinking hard in general is good for your brain. Sounds logical.

The best quote from the movie Avenger; “it’s better to have your enemy in your tent pissing out, then it is to have him outside the tent pissing in.” –Sam Elliot as Calvin Dexter

Josh and I made up our own Deterisms;

“It’s better to eat the candle on the birthday cake then it is to eat the candle off the birthday cake.”- Josh
“It is better to pick your ass in the woods then it is to have the woods pick your ass in your pants.”- Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is better to not give a shit than shit in your pants.

Zelda B. said...

So true so true!