Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In: J.Lo Out: Michael Phelps

Poor Jennifer Lopez. The new mom is training for a triathlon, but everyone is too busy watching the Olympics to notice.

Lopez, who appeared on "Good Morning America" Aug. 18 to discuss her preparations for the Malibu Triathlon, was overheard saying after the segment that she “couldn’t understand why everyone is talking about that swimmer,” according to a GMA source. “She couldn’t come up with (eight-time gold-medal winner Michael) Phelps’ name, and then she yammered on about how she was the one training for a triathlon just six months after giving birth, and how that was the big story right now, not ‘the swimmer.’

“She said, ‘I am Jenny from the block, who the hell is he?’ and she was pissed!” a GMA insider told MSN.

Later we received part of the tape from GMA, sent anonymously. Apparently the camera never stops taping, even during commercials, however, the footage is not allowed to be aired or sold without all parties’ permission, an MSN rep was told when investigating the credibility of such a tape.

J.LO: I sing, I act, I dance, I grew up in da Bronx…on the block and I get a new mattress when ever I stay at hotel! Does that pussy swimmer do all dat? I didn’t think so, and I had two babies while training for a triathlon, that is three different sports not just swimming. It’s because I am a strong Latin American woman, dat’s why I don’t get the attention I deserve.

Lopez is planning on donating money raised for her race to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.

J.LO: I bet Mr. Swimming beauty is not donating his gold metals to sick children; he doesn’t even care about his fans. But Jenny from the block does, she remembers the little people! She remembers where she came from…the block!”

To help drum up attention, she started a blog to share tips on training. “Touch up makeup prior to your run” hasn’t made its way into any posts, despite Lopez being spotted arriving in Central Park with her makeup artist later in the day.

No comments: